We believe that good documentation is probably the single most important thing for a successful project. We work hard on high quality documentation - you can help us by letting us know about areas that are unclear, helpful additions, etc.
Installation and Administration
- Downloading rasdaman
- Installation and Administration Guide (as of 9.2, still slightly behind - best use the wiki page mentioned above)
- PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL connector and Performance and various PostgreSQL bits and pieces
- configuration files & directories overview
- Open $RMANHOME/share/rasdaman/doc/index.html in a Web browser.
- Query Language Guide for rasql; query examples therein rely on the demo data, delivered with rasdaman, which can be inserted through rasdaman_insertdemo.sh. Hence, all examples can be readily run.
- Rview Guide to the graphical interactive query frontend
- Latest User Guide for petascope (previous: v8.x) + Developers Guide
- User Guide for SECORE + Developers Guide
- Rasgeo User Guide
- raswct guide for the Rasdaman Web Client Toolkit
- RRasdaman Tutorial for R package for rasdaman.
- WCS-T + WCS-T ingestion tool guide for petascope
- API documentation:
- Automated tests with systemtests
If you have installed rasdaman in $RMANHOME then you will find the complete documentation installed, too; direct your browser to
In addition to the documents replicated here it contains a browseable HTML documentation of the APIs, plus programming and query examples.
The Versions page lists changes made between successive versions released.